[3830] MnQP AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 15:11:02 EST 2015

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LES

  160:       7        2
   80:      29        0
   40:      82       78
   20:      61        2
   15:      15       22
   10:       5        3
-------------------------
Total:     199      107  Mults = 103  Total Score = 63,036

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W into dipoles (10 m, 15/40 m, and 80/160 m which also tuned up on 20 m).

The plans for being a rover fell through due to some logistics issues, so I
operated fixed in Le Sueur county.

When things started going at 1400z, though, what a blast!  This was my first
year operating in MN for MNQP; last year I had participated for about two hours
from California as W6BB, and the contest strategy was very different.  There I
could reliably catch the mobiles on 20 m.  This year I had a hard time hearing
stations on 20, especially on SSB.

It was lots of fun chasing the rovers, even if it meant I had to give up my run
frequency every now and then to do so.

Activity was pretty low on 10/15 m, but I managed to make a few QSOs there,
including the highlight of the day: working Bill, HC1WDT, 5 times, and
successfully moving bands/modes several times.  Thanks, Bill!

Sadly, although my ears were primed for it, I wasn't able to pull K1N on
Navassa in from the pileups I had.  It is, of course, quite incredible that
they would miss such a great opportunity to get Le Sueur county in the log.

Many thanks to all the participants, and especially to the organizers and
mobile/rover stations.   It was a lot of fun, and I'm already looking forward
to the next MNQP!