[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 11 13:58:15 EST 2015

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:      10
   40:     606
   20:     345
-------------------------
Total:     961       0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 124,930

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

2015 is the twelfth and final year of the K0PC/W9DND team in
the MN QSO Party. John is hanging up the driving gloves after
the WIQP in March. I have been very lucky to have his steady
hand at the wheel all these years. I will miss him.

For years we have had a pretty lucky streak without a visit
from Murphy. He must have known this was our last run and
decided to come along for old time's sake. We used a new
laptop this year and had problems with RF getting in on the
USB cable. 40M was fine but the computer hung up on 20M. I
normally pack ferrite cores but forgot them this year. After
three hours stuck on 40M I finally realized I had some cores
on the power line and antenna control line. I stole those to
use on the USB cable and that solved the problem. Nothing
showed up during my smoke test a few days before the contest
so I was expecting smooth sailing.

Some statistics:
972 QSOs (including dupes) for an overall rate of 97/hr
Top ten minute rate: 198/hr
Top sixty minute rate: 136/hr
183 Unique calls in log

Top Ten List (QSOs)
28 N2CU
27 K9NW
21 W0BV
20 NU0Q
19 N2WN, W0AIH
18 AF9T, K0HNC, N8II, WA0MN

Special credit goes to AF9T, K9NW, NU0Q, and W0AIH for a
Clean Sweep of the eighteen counties we activated.

Thanks to everybody who participated in MNQP 2015.

73,
Pat K0PC & John W9DND