[3830] RTTY WPX W6SX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 15 15:39:43 EST 2015

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W6SX
Operator(s): W6SX
Station: W6SX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mammoth Lakes, Calif
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very casual goal was 1,000 contacts. Spent Friday night and Saturday mostly
CQing with no concern for multipliers or point values. Got 1k Qs early Saturday
evening and went to bed. Sunday morning I shifted gears and started chasing
prefixes. I became a Cluster Clicker. Every forty minutes or so, I clicked
through the bands. Midday Sunday, fun meter was heading down, so I pulled the
Big Switch. Sunday morning Cluster Clicking increased QSO count by 9% and score
by 37%!

K3, ACOM 2000A, wire antenna at 46 feet with Matchboxes and MB-V-A, MMTTY and
2-Tone, N1MM.