[3830] RTTY WPX AF6GA SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 15 21:29:18 EST 2015

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AF6GA
Operator(s): AF6GA
Station: AF6GA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Cupertino, CA

Saturday was a slow day with too many distractions to get much going during the
day and condx were only ok here on the west coast.

After using a doublet sloper for the past 18 months (40ft to 18ft) and with K1N
this week I finally got the motivation to put together a wire vertical for 40m.
Ended up making a simple 1/4l with about 20 radials.  This made a big
difference, only 29 qs and 19 mults more than last year, but 100k more pts.
People could actually hear me on 40m and ended up with 100qs there instead of
the 10-20 I can usually struggle to put together.  The 40m weighted points
helped.

Sunday's condx were excellent with good EU prop on both 10 and 15.

Thanks for the qs and patient repeats.

73,
Phil

K3, P3, AT2K - 68ft doublet sloper, 1/4l vertical 40m
N1MM+ 2Tone/MMTTY