[3830] RTTY WPX AL9A SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 15 22:21:25 EST 2015

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 18:00

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Only complaint is the handicap of having a busted rotor that kept me from
working lots of EU! Solar conditions were great, the Aurora was well behaved
and even our local winds took the weekend off. Did way better than I expected
given my unidirectional antenna situation. But, why so many dupes?

Most memorable QSO was with KI8DU on 10M. I was running and gave him #1021
while he gave me his #001 - and then said "That completes my Triple
Play!".  Awesome! Of course that's why all AK hams live up here - to give
out those needed QSOs for all the various awards!