[3830] RTTY WPX VY2LI SOSB10(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 19 07:34:37 EST 2015

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: SOSB10(TS) HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs):

Plan was to run a 10 or 80 single band depending on condx, but record-setting
blizzard changed all that.With winds preditcted to hit hurricane force at
times, I decided to lower my yagi to ground nest after 10 died on Saturday
afternoon, pretty much eliminating any further activity on 10.Eighty was a
turnaround from Friday night with QRN from the storm, so my activity was
drastically curtailed by the storm which did not disappoint. Confederation
Bridge(our link to Canada) was shutdown for almost two days(longest ever), with
winds peaking at 158 KPH.Needless to say, zero visability for almost two
days,and huge drifts of snow which we are still trying to get out from
under.Oh, well, maybe next year.Thanks for the calls.73,Bill