[3830] ARRLDX CW W2UP(@W0DLE) SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 19:02:25 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W0DLE

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Remote Operation

   15: 1209   113
Total: 1209   113  Total Score = 409,851

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Operated remotely from the comfort of my condo, about 90 miles from W0DLE's most
excellent station.  Only problem was potentially running out of power.  The
station runs on batteries, charged by wind and solar, and there was no solar
this weekend due to snow.  Had just enough power for the time I put in.

Good condx from the western US on 15m.  EU was loud on Saturday, except for a
90 minute disturbance in the middle of it (which is about 30% of our EU
opening).  Band opened earlier on Sunday with decent condx again.

Speaking of the comfort of my condo, an operating environment observation:
I have a bathroom adjacent to my operating position here.  At my former QTH in
PA, the shack was in the basement, and the nearest bathroom was upstairs.  What
I observed is the off-time related to a bathroom break takes about the same
amount time now as it did then, as the time in bathroom is longer than it used
to be... :-)

Tnx for all the QSOs.  Great to exchange meaningless info with many old friends
again.  Overall op quality was excellent.  A few weird power numbers, which only
slows things down by breaking the rhythm.  And then there was 5NN1AA - assume
that's 111?

Barry W2UP