[3830] ARRLDX CW W1TJL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 20:36:42 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: FN32na

Total:  713   358  Total Score = 765,762

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Everything started as a small part time effort �" lots of stuff on the
honey do list.  But since the weather was SOOOO bad I spent more time indoors
than I’d hoped.  STRONG winds Friday evening into Saturday morning and
sometime overnight the 80 meter vertical support rope broke and the antenna
slid down till what was initially a raised radial antenna was in the ground at
the feed point.  Luckily the top did stay in the tree.  But it certainly did
not work well…  And the area under the antenna has almost 4 feet of snow so
getting to it is going to be a bear before the ARRL DX SSB contest.  I predict
a lot of shoveling in my future…

Pretty happy with myself �" if I keep this up I might just consider
myself a CW Op someday.  I actually had a 70 hour which for me in CW is
amazing…  I tried to be as accurate as I could and I guess time will tell.
Both the amps are out for repair so a low power contest was necessary.  But
again I was very happy with the performance of the station other than the 80
meter vertical.

73, Tom W1TJL