[3830] ARRLDX CW W2LC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 09:53:05 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NY

  160:    0     0
Total:  628   178  Total Score = 334,818

My station is still a bit busted from a nearby lightning strike, I don't think
it was a direct hit but... The main RX is a bit dead, about 20db low, but
should be fixable, I believe just a protection diode in the front end. I have
to fix that soon. So, sorry if I didn't hear you. I plan to strip the tower and
re-install everything this summer, if it ever stops snowing. I need to replace a
couple burnt coaxes. We have had about 90 inches of snow in February alone,
maybe more. It just keeps coming 4-5 inches a night. Probably 150+ inches for
the year. Time for some sun! The dog loves the snow! Had the usual snow static
which didn't help hearing things. With not operating much there were instant
pile-ups due to spotting, made it both fun and difficult at the same time. 40m
was a blast, I had a real good run on 40 Sunday evening.
73 Scott W2LC