[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 10:02:26 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA

   40:  866   110
   20:  593   108
   15: 1005   117
   10:  940   109
-------------------
Total: 3689   569  Total Score = 6,295,416

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

When Rick, NQ4I has work commitments, this opens up possibilities for single op
entries from his terrific M/M station.  Having no central operating position to
run an all bands, temporarily we ran a bunch of coax and control cables to the
20M position to make this work.  Lots of options, lots of fun.

As noted by many others, conditions overall were great, with Sunday being
perhaps a little better.  This was true on 160M as I was able to pick up a few
EU's that I couldn't work on Saturday.  Both 10M and 15M were open to JA at the
end of the contest and it's always fun to close out with a number of new Asiatic
mults.

Rates on 20M in the afternoon went from disappointing on Saturday to
non-existent on Sunday.  Rain static was bad, especially on 20M and when the
top stack antenna became frozen on JA, it just wasn't going to happen.  I took
the time to change out one of the Orion's which developed an output issue.  I
believe all the 20M Q's on Sunday afternoon were S&P'ing the EU big guns.

Thanks to Rick for allowing me to use his station, for his guidance remotely
throughout the contest and to Georgann for the occasional unexpected hot meal!