[3830] ARRLDX CW W7WA SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 17:59:22 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WA
Operator(s): W7WA
Station: W7WA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 1113    94
Total: 1113    94  Total Score = 313,860

Good conditions the first night.  Saturday evening was so painfully slow that on
several occasions I mulled over whether to pull the plug. I stuck it out
believing conditions could improve later in the night (did not happen).

I worked about 25 LP Europeans each morning.  Some strong LP signals were heard
in the mornings from 4O/E77W, S52AW, UA6LCN and a few others.  At 1710Z Saturday
RT3F was calling "cq test" with a good short path signal via the north
pole.  I called him just to let him know he was being heard to which he
dutifully responded "qso b4" and resumed his cq's. This morning short
path opening is not uncommon here in December/January but notable in late
winter.

73 Dan