[3830] CWopsT KG5U LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 25 10:49:41 EST 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Feb 25

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas

   80:   9      9
   40:  41     35
   20:  27     13
   15:   5      2
Total:  82     59  Total Score = 4,838

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I so missed last week's CWTs--Monday night, I got a phone call from the Zoo's
staff photographer asking if AI could cover an elephant virus conference in
town Tuesday and, of all things, Wednesday--she knew Weds were my day off--I'm
a volunteer at the Zoo.  I was sorely tempted to run out to the card during the
presentations, but knew that wouldn't work out well for anyone. Looks like y'all
did well in spite of my absence. Darn!

Great fun this morning with a big turnout and even a few of the new (>1380)
numbers and non-members in the fray.

Five minutes before the start, whenever I plugged a call in the entry field,
the logger would hang, then go to 'not responding'. I figured it out. I had
used the CWT database to setup a general/dx log and the telnet was hanging
things up. I had to open a new database, set up for CWT and made the first QSO
30 seconds into the hour. Whew...

Spent way too much time CQ'ing on 80m before bouncing up to 20m. On 15, F6HKA
was heard and worked for the first time here in a few weeks--missed you, Bert!
F5IN was big, too. Heard one of the Swedish stations, but couldn't pull out the
call before time ran out. Didn't hear anything on 10m but it sounded open.
Should be fun up there this afternoon.

73 and see y'all at 1900Z
dale, kg5u