[3830] ARRLDX CW II9P(IZ8JAI) SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 25 16:53:19 EST 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: II9P
Operator(s): IZ8JAI
Station: II9P

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37h52m

Total: 2095   276  Total Score = 1,728,036

Hi guys,

first experience in SO2R, encouraged by my dear friend Melo IT9AUG, I decided
to partecipate in LP category.
When on Thursday I arrived at II9P, I found one of the 20mt stack antennas with
the boom broken due the strong wind that there was on Wednesday, thanking
Antonello IT9EQO and Max IZ8EPY, in a couple of hours we fixed the boom at 25mt
above the ground.
Contest very exciting, not good prop on 10 & 15 in the first day, but I was
amazed by the efficiency of our station in low power, especially on the low
bands.
To conclude, I want to say a big thanks to Max IZ8EPY for helping me during all
contest, and also I want to say thanks to all my crew of II9P, to allow me to be
one of them.
CU next year 73s. Dom

Rig: 2 x K3
     SO2R Microkeyer MK2R+