[3830] RTTY Roundup KV4QS SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 4 16:46:27 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KV4QS
Operator(s): KV4QS
Station: KV4QS

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: SFL

Total:  261  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 20  Total Score = 18,531

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

N1MM / K3 / 2Tone / MMTTY / Hex-beam / 80m Delta Loop / RX Beverage

I went with N1MM instead of N1MM+ for this contest; I just didn't want to spend
the time getting N1MM+ setup for RTTY; hopefully will have N1MM+ working for the
WPX RTTY contest.

80m was great Saturday night; I couldn't find a run freq so just did S&P up
and down the band.

Was easier to find run freqs on 20, 15 and 10m Sunday morning/afternoon.  10m
was in decent shape, but signals were not loud like they were in the 10m RTTY
contest a few weeks earlier.

99.9% of OPs were very well behaved, but I did have one OP try to call a rare
state who answered my CQ on my run freq?!?! And he was persistent, too,
interfering with two additional QSOs before finally giving up.  I don't think
I'm going to suffer too much, adding a TX station to my black ball list.

Many thanks to the ARRL and to all of you for another fun contest weekend.
Happy New Year and 73.  KV4QS