[3830] RTTY Roundup KD9MS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 4 19:24:46 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21:35

Total: 1083  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 38  Total Score = 101,802

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Multipliers!!! Where were they? Took forever to find DC, DE and NE, but I found
them! WAS this contest, missed LB, NB, NF, NS, NU and YT, I just did get MB
messing around calling on 20 and was about to leave! Glad I didn't.

Bands seemed pretty good until Sunday when everything was warbly (is that a
word) that's what it sounded like anyway.

I finally got to see 1000 on my contacts! That was cool, but I missed my total
because I didn't get enough multipliers. I got all I heard! Had a great run on
80 Saturday night, but being tired I turned on my filters and killed my second
radio. I guess I need to get that automatic band switch hooked up. Got the
cable and all, but I though I had it bypassed and all I could get was 20M.
Thought the rain got my antenna, or the dog chewed up the coax, which he is
known to do from time to time.

All in all, I am pleased with the contest and I look forward to the next one,
and more mults! Learned a lot about how to operate. Thanks to W0YK for his tip
in NCJ about using the one call sign call for tail ending. Thanks to everyone
that had patience with me when I got tired and hit the wrong keys a couple of
times and thanks to my wonderful wife Leslie KB9QXK for putting up with my
"hobby".

Thanks to all the SMC'ers I heard on and worked multiple times, K9CT (3
bands!)is almost too close to me to work on 15M but with that awesome station
and ops, I heard him! Thanks to AI9T (2 bands) for all your help with my RTTY.
It really helps being in a club when you are learning and these people are the
best!

73,

Craig KD9MS