[3830] RTTY Roundup K3TN SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 4 21:02:05 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): K3TN

Total:  458  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 51  Total Score = 48,090

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I drove down to NR4M and put in a 2 hour shift at the Goat Farm at the start of
the contest, and even got to see the actual goats. I wasn't planning on
operating from home in the RU at all - after operating Steve's FB setup, it was
sort of like having creme brulee dessert first, then sitting down to a main meal
of Spaghettios - but the crappy weather on Sunday derailed other plans, so I had
quality radio time.

I only missed VT and KL7 in the US and the usual hard VEs on the domestic side.
DX conditions and DX activity seemed kinda meh - loads of US/VE activity, sorta
felt like a deedle deedle NAQP. Lot of new calls - several who actually spelled
out their state, I can't remember seeing that before.

I went assisted but I made the mistake of loading the latest N1MM+ which seemed
to break the cluster connection to the bandmap and the available mult/Q window
until N4ZR explained the trick to me via email on Sunday - select RTTY
filtering not contest. So, didn't really get much bang for the buck out of the
spotting -actually tuned the K3 the old fashioned knob twisting way, very
quaint...