[3830] RTTY Roundup NN4RB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 4 21:04:58 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9:36

Total:  253  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 11  Total Score = 15,180

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first time at the ARRL RTTY RU contest and it was fun.  However, I
did not have my heart into it at the start.  This was also the first time that
I used an amp (~500W) for a contest.  It does make a difference for someone who
still does S&P.  All my contacts were S&P.  N1MM+ worked great after I
managed to get MMTTY working the way I wanted. I only had one problem during
the contest, when my radio stayed on transmit.  N1MM+ said if was in RX and the
TX light on the controller was on, however the radio was keyed.  Turned the
radio off.  May have been RF getting into cables, but the radio was still keyed
after turning power down and Amp off. Did not have my foot on the foot switch.
Had so problem staying in the seat, however needed to prop eyes open.  That may
have been caused by the added heat of the Clipperton L shack warmer.

Rick
NN4RB