[3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 12:45:01 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO

Total: 2169  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 63  Total Score = 264,618

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Decided to go for the Unlimited category hoping to pick up DX mults on the Band
Map. A vast majority of the time the DX was not at the spot on he Band Map,, so
wasted time and finally gave up. 9M6,BA and HC1 called me near the end of the
contest which was fun. Very limited DX from CO due to some hiccups on the sun.
I didn't manage my time correctly. I quit at 10 PM local (0500) as 40 and 80
were still hot. When I started at 4 AM local (1100) there was not much activity
on 40 and 80 as 20,15 and 10 did not open till 1300 +/-
Lots of new calls which is great and most exchanges were snappy. Although I did
get a 599 four times in their Macro. I experimented with SO3R, with a 3rd radio
which was for 10 meters (only 3 ele 10 meter yagi on 3rd station) and used it
when I wasn't running on 10. All three stations were networked with no problems
from WL. Murphy was pretty well on hiatus for this one. Thanks to all for the Qs
and my personal best for this contest.