[3830] RTTY Roundup K7BTW M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 7 15:01:26 EST 2015

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7BTW
Operator(s): K7BTW K7EDX N9ADG
Station: K7BTW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rainier, WA

Total: 1549  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 36  Total Score = 144,057

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Conditions not too bad Saturday, but Sunday the K went up to 5. This is a 36
hour contest of which you can operate 24.  We went until 80m slowed down about
11:30 PM Saturday and started again about 5:30 AM Sunday.  Had we known that
conditions were going to deteriorate, we would have kept going longer Saturday
evening.  The first 3 hours or so Sunday morning were terrible.

Our qso total was up a bit, but with very few EU q's our mults were down.  The
result was a little lower score than last year.
We only had 7 mults from EU, 5 from AS, and 1 from AF.  We did work all
states.

I urge all of you who contest to install the new N1MM+, if you haven't done
so.
The networking with this program is user friendly, believe it or not.  All you
do is click on a drop down menu item and connect to your network.  No looking
up IP addresses or anything.  During the contest, our 3 computers stayed
connected without ever needing to be reconnected.

The program ran flawlessly except for one time when I made an operator error
and had to re-boot.  That was at the start of the contest, and we never had
another glitch.  That has NEVER happened before.