[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 7 23:08:02 EST 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 8

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS

   80:  31     23
   40:  14     14
Total:  45     37  Total Score = 1,665

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Whoa, boy!!  What happened to the condx?  I tried 20m at the beginning, but
NOTHING there that I could hear.  No beacons, either.
So, I slipped down to 40, knowing there would be massive pileups.  What on
Earth?  Several of you, I could barely hear, but you couldn't hear me.  Then, I
made a few Qs on 40--and God bless those of you who answered my weak calls.
Only 14 Qs on 40.  Therefore, I figured it was time to go to 80m and see what's
poppin' there.

I stayed on 80 until the end.  Total of about 35 minutes.  I did the S and P
thing for as many as I could grab, then found a spot near the top of our sector
and just sat there, calling CQ.  Lo and behold, many of you stopped by my
waystation and gave me a much appreciated buzz.

I worked more on 80 tonight than I got altogether at 1900z on all bands.  I
think the sun needs to sneeze, just to blow out all that congestion going on up
there!

Thanks for 3 fun runs today, in spite of all the storms on the sun--and here on
Earth, too.  (It's now a comfy 33 degrees F in my garage shack...supposed to be
in single digits here in NE MS tonight.)  Until next week...

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis--we're celebrating his 80th birthday this week
around here--y'all come!)