[3830] NAQP CW K0VBU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 10 22:07:08 EST 2015

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K0VBU
Operator(s): K0VBU
Station: K0VBU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 7:39

Total:  612   133  Total Score = 81,396

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Team: Midwest Popguns

Comments:

Off to a great start, but then found no sigs on 40 - Upon quick inspection at
the base of my tower, I found that the ol' G5RV had given up the ghost - both
leads broken from the center insulator. I just held the ends in my hand and
sighed. In the dark, and with the pulley bound up at 35', there were no quick
fixes possible, so I went back inside and just rode 20m down into the static.
If the weather holds a bit, I'll have a new trap dipole for 40 and 80 ready for
SSB next weekend.
Thanks to all...
73
Bill, K0VBU