[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 01:13:21 EST 2015

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:50

  160:   11     5
Total:  891   207  Total Score = 184,437

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

That was great fun. Bands were lively -- although 80M didn't really perk up
until the final 15 minutes or so, and then it was all over. Another hour later
on the low bands would have been a blast.

Third best ever. Fell about 9 mults short and about 80 Qs shy of a personal
best. But considering that I had to start half an hour late this morning,
missing some rate on the high bands, I'm very happy with the outing.

Spent more time in the evening on 40M because 80M wasn't truly working until
the very end. That drew down the 80M QSO and mult production (down 20 Qs and 11
mults from last year), though the triangle array of verticals still felt pretty
strong when I pointed it in the right directions. 40M was very strong all
evening. 160M was weak and mostly vacant all evening, but came up in the last
half hour to provide one more Q but only half the mults of last year.

Thank you very much for the contacts today. I hope we all had a great time
playing. I sure did.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year  Qs   Mults  Score  January NAQP CW
========================
2015: 891  207   184,437
2014: 929  216   200,664
2013: 971  216   209,736