[3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 19:25:23 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio

Total:  QSOs = 722  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 16  Total Score = 120,913

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions here in north central Ohio were a bit better than last year, but
nowhere near the pinnacle years of 2009-2011.  This year's score is up about
12% and 22 Qs over last year.

Lots of extended lulls in the action, having worked everyone heard on the band.
 I thought about throwing the towel in Saturday evening around 9:00 PM local
time and calling it quits, but instead took a primetime nap from 9:00-11:30 PM.
 The nap seemed to do the trick. I continued from there somewhat rejuvenated and
with a much better frame of mind.

Some early west coast contacts as compared to years past.  On the other hand, I
worked KH6 much later (About 7:00 AM local time) than usual.  Another unusual
one was FL @ 2146Z (Daylight).

Got all lower 48 (49 with DC) states, but missed over half of Canada, only
working AB, BC, NB, NS, ON and QC.  The last state worked, believe it or not
was WA.  Also heard WL7E, but didn't spent too much time trying to break the
pileup.

DX worked - CT, DL, EA, EA8, EI, HH, HI, I, KH6, KP2, KP4, OK, OZ, PJ2, XE,
ZF.

Best extended run period - 0053Z-0243Z - 175 Qs - 95.1/Hr
Poorest period (Last hr) - 2057Z-2148Z - 12 Qs

Always great working friends on 160.  Thanks to all.  Have a great 2015!

73 - Rick WB8JUI

Elecraft K3
N1MM Logger Plus
Winkey