[3830] CQ160 CW W3DQ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 22:55:43 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC

Total:  QSOs = 272  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 3  Total Score = 28,350

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only made Friday night. The band wasn't all that good, but for my purpose, it
was FB!

I'm a mediocre CW op, and I'm intimidated by running. This time around, I
forced myself to run more than S & P, and other than mangling up (more
than) a few callsigns, it was a good confidence building experience.

Need to tweak the RX antenna. Not sure if it's coupling with the inv-L, my city
lot being too noisy, or a combination of the two along with not-so-great band
conditions.

And to work 4 stations in DC... now that's a new one for me.

73,
Eric W3DQ

Orion 565 / Hercules II
Inv-L / K9AY loops