[3830] CQ160 CW NA8V Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 23:46:47 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 16:15

Total:  QSOs = 706  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 21  Total Score = 130,977

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Long week at work, couldn't hang in Friday evening - knocked off ~03z.  The few
EU i worked Fri were very loud but there weren't many. Got back on for sunrise,
made some contacts but nothing special.  It was noisy.

Saturday wasn't as noisy.  The EU weren't as loud, but there were more and of
course easier to work on the second night.  Propagation seemed strange - the
southwest (NM, AZ, some CA) were in early and strong but the northwest, WA and
BC in particular, were much weaker.  Both nights I was hearing EU as soon as
the sun went down - but nothing from northern EU.  No
G/OZ/Scandanavia/SP/Baltics, etc.  I heard the /KH6 station but he was very
weak, then i realized he was working most guys from the south.  Don't usually
get shut out to KH6 like that.

Ended up with 417q on day one in ~5.5 hrs and 300q Sat in 11hrs.  If i would
have operated all night Friday, Saturday would have been *real* slow.  DX
worked:  9a, CTx2, DL, E7, EA8, EI, F, HA, HI, I, IT9, KH6, KP2, KP4, OK, OM,
PJ2, S5, UA, XE, ZF.

Greg/na8v
IC765, Inv L, 450' bev to EU.