[3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 07:04:03 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): W0UCE N3ND N4CW N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 1337  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 56  Total Score = 507,150

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another CQWW 160 CW is now behind us. We enjoy the 160 contests because they
provide both radio fun and with the midday down time, ample time to share
stories and catch up with your fellow team mates. This year was no exception. I
would like to thank the Jack, Dan Bert and of course Chef Archie for a fun
weekend. Chef Archie once again prepared one of his excellent dinner selections
for Saturday night. When dinner was over we noticed that there were 3 empty
bottles of wine on the counter, so how Qs were made after dinner will remain a
mystery.

Band conditions were much better Saturday night than Friday. The static crashes
were mostly gone and the NEW electric fence pulsing had stopped. NOTE TO SELF:
Find the xxxx fence. The last US section in the log was from MT. Thanks to N7LT
for calling in at 1204 UTC on Saturday morning. From looking at 3830, the max
total for Sections and Provinces was 59. Thanks to VY2LEI and VE4GV for mults
58 and 59. Dan put our final country mults in the log on Sunday morning.  We
are always happy to get one JA mult. Saturday morning we saw some spots but
could not hear any of the signals. Sunday Dan was calling CQ when JH7VHZ called
in and became country mult 56. Shortly after that Q Dan was called by 7 more JAs
and they were strong. The last JA was worked at 1221 UTC.  VK was already in the
log and we were optimistic about perhaps working a ZL, but it was not to be. In
the end we were 6 Qs ahead of last year and 1 country mult down. The 10 point
Qs were up but not enough to get the points per QSO total even close to teams
at K1LZ and W2GD. Another great job guys!

Thanks to everyone that called us. I apologize to those that we could not copy
through the QRN. Believe me, it is as frustrating to us and it is to you.

73 from the Camp LN team,

Jack W0UCE
Dan N3ND
Bert N4CW
Bruce N1LN

Rig:  K3, Acom 2000A, T top phased verticals, W NW N NE S beverages