[3830] CQ160 CW LX7I(DL3BPC) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 12:09:20 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): DL3BPC
Station: LX7I

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JN29XV

Total:  QSOs = 1625  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 66  Total Score = 974,712

Learning from mistakes ....

With the "error log" of the 2014 contest fresh in mind, improvements
to both  antennas and operating tactics were made. Improving the pattern of the
TX antenna resulted in a more balanced transmit- and receive- performance.

The changes paid off and the 2014 score claim could be improved by 19% under
clearly worse propagation conditions.

These conditions were quite unstable over the whole weekend and at times
propagation was difficult. Luckily it was not bad all the time and tedious
weak-signal operating finally resulted in :

155 x US/VE
79 x JA

Unfortunately not more than 66 DXCCs in the log this time.

All in all it was great fun again and I am already looking forward to next
year's event with a new error log to work on.

Big thanks to Philippe LX2A for the lending me his station and for the great
support !

73 Ron
DL3BPC