[3830] CQ160 CW K0DI(@N2CEI) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 19:11:56 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0DI
Operator(s): K0DI N0TW KD4AMP K4SME N2CEI
Station: N2CEI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FL

Total:  QSOs = 1331  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 63  Total Score = 569,740

With the local Storms moving through the area, at 2200 UTC, we were still
discussing if we should connect the antennas and have a look around or not. The
lightning map didn't show any near strikes  so we lit it up! It was a slow start
with the static crashes causing the need for repeats on any calls that were less
than a S9. The storms went south of us and the  band beneath the crashes
"Sounded Good" so as long as it didn't get any worse we were Run'in!
Slowly the rates increased and the crashes died down but we did not work our
first EU station  'til G5W called us at 02:49 After that, we started to move
along, trying to catch up. The first night produced  735 Q's with 70 of them
being 10 pointers.   KH6,KL7,VK,JA were in the log along with 55 St/Prov
(missing VT for WAS). As expected , our first night QSO total was down by about
75-100 from last years totals but we were happy with the number of  Mults we
had. Saturday then brought us a new band! When we first sparked up on Saturday
afternoon, we though the RX was broke! As the sun set we heard the signals come
up out of the "lack of noise" and knew we were in for a treat. It
rarely gets that quiet here in Florida! It was nice to work some of the
stations that we most likely could not hear the night before. If it took you
two trys  to work us we are sorry, but glad you came back!  Had a nice EU run 2
hrs before their sunrise and ran 'till the sunlight burnt up the path to
Florida. It was one of the best we have ever had with this station. Put about
150 EU's in the log with the run. And then -- it just slowed  down  to a  crawl
until the JA's showed up  a little earlier  than normal. Nothing else  was heard
 from Asia by us but have 19 total JA's in the log. The most ever for us. It was
a shame WJ9B wasn't with us this year but we did break in a new crew member,
Terry, N0TW. With Terry on board and Willie coming back next year, I can then
do what I'm best at and that's keep'in  the coffee fresh and hot!!  Anyway,
Thanks to everyone that we worked! And the stations that tried and didn't make
it on the first night? We thank you more for being there and trying! Hope to
catch some of you on in the SSB contest and you may hear me on the band if
Sandra (K4SME) lets me at the Mic when we multi-op as N2CEI!  Hope ya'll had as
much fun as we did and see you next year!  Steve