[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N1PRW Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 27 10:47:24 EST 2015

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N1PRW
Operator(s): N1PRW
Station: N1PRW

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EMA

    6:  15     1
    2:   2     1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  17     2  Total Score = 34

QRP from Andover, Mass at 130' ASL. Weather was heavy snow and 31F.

Station Equipment:
- Yaesu FT-817ND, 5 Watts
- 1/2 wavelength 6m aluminum dipole, homemade
- Elk 2M/440L5 portable log periodic antenna

The 6m dipole was mounted on my deck at 12' above ground. The 2m Elk was
indoors and aimed out the window. The dipole seemed effective.

High local noise levels throughout the contest, up to S9 on 6m.

All contacts within my own grid square. Perhaps the heavy snow attenuated more
than expected.

No DX, no enhancement, two bands, one grid square... But fun just the same to
operate while snowbound anyway. Thanks to all stations.

73, Alexander N1PRW