[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 27 18:44:02 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG LY5W
Station: W0AIH

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 1192  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 42  Total Score = 314,716

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was looking like another Single-Op entry by me earlier in the week.  Then
Paul got a call from Sam, LY5W who was in the Chicago area.  He decided to come
out to AIH and we were Multi-op again.

Conditions were great compared to ARRL 160 in December.  The band opened early
and strong to the west.  I think things were even better the 2nd night DX
wise.

I had an excellent JA run Sunday AM.  Worked 11 JA stations, breaking the
record Paul had posted on a note by the 160 position.  Signals were strong and
really in the clear too.  There were six in a row in the log.

A real gem in the mult like is HV0A for a new one @ W0AIH.

Mults worked:

9A, CT, DL, E7, EA, EA6, EI, F, G, HA, HB, HV,I, IT9, LX, LY, OK, OM, ON, OZ,
PA, S5, SM, SP, UA, UA2, YU, 5B, JA, EA8, KH6, CM, HI, J7, KL, KP2, KP4, V3,
XE, ZF, PJ2, PY

I was thinking the score was pretty good (and it is).  But I got looking back
at some previous years and had forgotten how good things were in previous
years.

2009  Multi (W0AIH, W0BV, K0TG)
  1661 QSO, 59 Sec, 76 Cty 803,520 pts
2010  SO (K0TG)
  1387 QSO, 58 Sec, 54 Cty 507248
2011 Multi (W0AIH, W0BV, K0TG)
  1397 QSO, 59 Sec, 64 Cty 519552
2012 Multi (W0AIH, K0TG)
   888 QSO, 57 Sec, 36 Cty 213,249
2013 SO (K0TG)
  1155 QSO, 59 Sec, 46 Cty 337,995
2014 Multi (W0AIH, K0TG)
  1140 QSO, 59 Sec, 34 Cty 270,258

Thanks to Paul for the fun with the big iron.  Good to work with you Sam.

73, John  K0TG

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/