[3830] RAC Day VE7RAC M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 2 00:20:41 EDT 2015

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VA7NF VE7TI VE7IO VA7NLF VE7ACN VE7BC
Station: VE7RAC

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Surrey BC

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:   11      0       4         0
   40:  168     60       6         6
   20:  296    331       9        12
   15:  191     35      11         6
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      1       0         1
    2:    0      1       0         1
Total:  666    428      30        56  Total Score = 338,800

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Despite the heat, 35C, in the shack it was a fun contest.  We missed 10 meters
this year, we just never found it open.  We had a couple of small problems but
nothing that was not resolved quickly. We ran two stations at close to full
legal limit so to try to stay cool we had four fans running, AC may be a
consideration for the next Canada Day contest. The amplifiers ran warmer than
normal but we kept the temperature down by adding an external fan. This worked
well but pumped the heat into the shack, oh well we saved the amps.
Thanks to all the stations that gave us points keeping our rates reasonable,
well reasonable at times, band conditions were just not there for us.

73
Fred VE7IO