[3830] IARU N1CC SOAB(A)Mixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 01:24:41 EDT 2015

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed QRP
QTH: Texas

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    0      0      0       0
   40:   12      1      3       2
   20:  146     67     22      30
   15:   15     21      8      10
   10:    1      3      2       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  174     92     35      43  Total Score = 59,982

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Elecraft K3/100 at 5 Watts output.  F12C3 @64' and 80/40 Fan Dipole at 50'
WriteLog.  Audio Recording 100% of time on-the-air.

Conditions: "K-23" peak, 10 early in contest.  "A-3" peak,
1 early in contest.  In retrospect, given these difficult conditions I should
have run in LP mode not QRP.  Where 40M has been good for me running 5 Watts,
and 80 has been fair too ... this was not a day for QRP on 40 and nothing heard
on 80 Meters.  It was difficult to work US stations on 40 under the conditions
we had for this event, and no EU DX could hear me.

40% of my QSO's were outside W/VE, some were "easy", many were
"hard" in some cases needing 8 or 9 calls to get the DX stations
attention. Still, late in the contest I told YN5Z that I had called him several
times with no luck, and for this 20M SSB contact got him on first call,
commented on trying all day to work him...and told him I was running 5 Watts,
he was somewhat amazed, reported that I was S9 +5 and beat out several other
callers.  Timing is what it is all about with QRP.

Murphy visited, not the ham station, however, had to take time out when the A/C
folks came ... Friday night we lost A/C ... in Texas with back-to-back 100
degree days, A/C is essential to operating ... and anything else you want to
do!  See you all in the next events ... 73.