[3830] IARU W4AU SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 12:38:24 EDT 2015

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4AU
Operator(s): W4AU
Station: W4AU

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: VA

   40:  107            14      16
   20:  124            18      26
   15:   32             8      10
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was able to put in only a few hours in the contest this year, but I think
there must have been many more HQ stations on the air. Every time I started
S&P'ing I seemed to find a lot, many of them new mults. The advantage of
SO2R, I guess.

I had a hard time being heard on 15 Saturday morning; I think that maybe it is
time for a new Yagi or something... Also was on for a couple of hours Saturday
night and found 40 very productive, but had a high noise level on 80, which
made it impossible to use. Also found what I think was the over-the-horizon
RADAR noise on 20 Saturday night when I was SP there. Weird signals moving
across the band, anyway.

Thanks for the Q's!

73 - John, W4AU