[3830] IARU PJ2T(K8ND) SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 15:36:44 EDT 2015

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: Curacao

  160:    12    0       3        2
   80:    43    0       9       10
   40:   383    0      23       39
   20:   902    0      36       43
   15:   715    0      28       41
   10:    38    0      10       16
-------------------------------------
Total:  2093    0     109      151  Total Score = 2,517,580

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I came to Curacao for a non-radio vacation, but since IARU was on the final
weekend, and since I was staying at the Signal Point PJ2T station, I decided to
make a reasonable effort. I picked a category (SOAB, CW, HP, Assisted) Friday
evening.

With the exception of CQWW 160 CW contests, I don't normally single-op where
long periods in the chair are required. At least for CQWW 160 I get to sleep
after 12.5 hours in the chair when the sun comes up!

My planned first half-hour offtime was extended to almost 1.5 hours by an
unexpected visitor at the door.