[3830] IARU KH7XX(N2NL) SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 12 17:32:23 EDT 2015

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KH7XX
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: KH6YY

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Pupukea, Oahu

  160:    14     0      4       1
   80:   140     0     13       7
   40:   450    83     37      20
   20:   954   186     42      39
   15:   496    85     35      22
   10:    17     2      7       6
-------------------------------------
Total:  2071   356    138      95  Total Score = 2,682,995

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were very challenging for most of the contest.  Europe was mostly
unworkable for the first 18 hours.  Fortunately conditions seemed to recover
and I was able to work some of the EU HQ mults on 40/20/15 which made for a
really nice score boost at the end.

Very interesting TEP conditions on 10m during the day.  VK/ZL was very loud
here, but I was also able to hear several JA/UA0/SE Asian stations when beaming
into the TEP layer.  Signals disappeared when I started turning toward direct
path.  For the JAs and UA0s this was a 90 degree heading skew.

Many thanks again to Alex KH6YY for the opportunity to drive his station, and
to Kimo KH7U who helped again with configuring the station for SO2R.

Thanks for all the QSOs!

73, Dave N2NL/KH6