[3830] NAQP RTTY WB8RFB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 18 23:55:48 EDT 2015

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  125    54  Total Score = 6,750

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #9

Comments:

First attempt in a RTTY contest and it was fun but I have lots to learn about
how to best operate and make more QSO's.  Had to shut down for severe storms
coming through our area.  Had 1.75" of rain that fell in less than 30
minutes so the roads were flooded and had to go help clean up a mess elsewhere
for a few hours.

Bands seemed to be okay but this being my first RTTY contest, what do I know
how good the bands were?  Went to 15 and didn't hear any stations on at all.
Doing any operating on 80 locks up the U-Verse router so that was why no 80M
QSO's logged this time around.  Looked to be quite a few stations showing on
the waterfall display.