[3830] CQWW VHF K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 19 18:00:32 EDT 2015

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN51/52/61/62 (IL)
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

Total:  123    60  Total Score = 10,960

Local Thunderstorms on Saturday made things interesting. At least I was able to
catch a little bit of Es to TX in amongst the storminess.

Sunday was free of rain and I managed to complete a few 'sweeps' with stations
on both bands from all four of the grids I visited - as long as I could find a
spot free of or at least substantially reduced RF noise...the urban-suburban
environment is getting less and less friendly to weak-signal operation.

Near the end on Sunday, I found K2LIM's frequency on 50 MHz and listened for a
LONG time, calling when I heard their signal pop up above the noise and I think
I heard them acknowledge my call once but never enough to put in on the board
(in the log).

Til next year...