[3830] IOTA ZM2B(ZL2BR) SO(A)24CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 27 02:19:51 EDT 2015

                    IOTA Contest

Call: ZM2B
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZM2B

Class: SO(A)24CW HP
QTH: Taranaki

   40:  173      28
   20:  148      28
   15:  115      16
Total:  436      72       0        0  Total Score = 238,752

Very hard work indeed.

But after all this is a QRP/lower power/simple antennas Euro-centric contest
and southern hemisphere winter propagation is always poor ZL-Europe, our summer
propagation is must better to Europe. Without the JA's the contest would not be
worth bothering with, plus the 20 VK qso's and the steady but slow rate of
qso's with NA stations kept me awake.

My island station qso summary was:

Band	AS	EU	NA	OC	SA
7	41	4	11	18	1
14	20	13	9	13
21	47		2	10
Totals	108	17	21	41	1

Total islands: 188. Total non-islands: 248

Only 47 Eu qso's including just 5 with G/GM/MD stations.

Rig: IC-7600, 800w, triband yagi and 7MHzGP

In a few days time propagation will of course be much better to Europe, because
its the WAE CW contest! I hope to make around 750 Eu qso's instead of just 47.

73 Frank