[3830] PhFray NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 28 23:11:50 EDT 2015

                    Phone Fray - Jul 29

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Remote Operation

   40:   2      2
   20:   7      7
   15:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  11     11  Total Score = 121

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Operating remote from San Francisco to the NN7SS station in Washington.
A hot day in SF, so I had the windows open, and the neighbors probably
wondered at all the "yelling."

At the start, 15m had three or four strong signals, but I only snagged
two before the others left.

20m had many weak signals. I tuned for the strong ones since my
chances at getting through while QRP seemed low. Several S7 guys
couldn't hear me call, so I'd move on.

40m was pretty noisy, especially for still an hour to sunset. I looked
for the loud guys, and got a couple.

Against my better judgement I went to 80m and heard several weak
signals, and a substantial N6RO, but never got his attention before
time ran out.

Showing some meager QRP-common sense, I didn't try 160m.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10m,15m, 20m: C-31XR at 71ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 70 ft