[3830] WPX CW VK3JA M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 04:23:47 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA VK2PN
Station: VK3JA

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne

   20: 1087

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Patrick VK2PN joined me as a multi-two entry for the third straight year in this
event and we enjoyed a long but rewarding weekend in the WPX CW.

Ten meters' condition was far below last year but 24 hour propagation on twenty
meters kept us busy all 48 hours.  Twenty was the best I can recall in WPX with
good participation and low noise and strong signals most of the day and night
in all directions.   A new 40 meter wire yagi at this QTH gave us nice boost
working EU and made up in our score for the poor conditions on ten meters.
Eighty meters was very slow here with no contacts made but 15 meters was a good
performer and even provided morning long path to EU - the first time I've seen
that path active at this QTH.

Mr Murphy tried his best to slow us down with some troubles on Patrick's
portable Hex Beam intended to be used pointing to NA in our morning hours but
it did come through later and it provided some good contacts on ten meters with
JA.  All other potential mishaps were worked around so we celebrated the contest
end with a bottle of Champaign with our cooperative XYL's and hope we may have a
new VK record for multi-two depending on the official scoring.

Thanks to all who called us.  We hope our VK3 multiplier was a help for many.
73!   Steve VK3JA