[3830] WPX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 05:58:36 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   20: 1459
   15: 1203

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

80 was very noisy despite two RX antennas, 40 was noisy but the RX antennas
really helped, RIP 10. Yet this is my 2nd best CW WPX score. It didn't feel
like a high scoring effort. I took one 3.5 hour break the 2nd night and a lot
of shorter breaks, the first after only 8 hours when rate seemed to slow down
well before usual.

Everything that broke in the harsh PEI winter (as usual there was something on
almost every band) was fixed by Matt, KC1XX and Andrew in a day and a 1/2
earlier in the week. Those guys work smart and fast. Murphy was vanquished for
the weekend.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT