[3830] WPX CW KK3TN SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 06:21:07 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KK3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just a few  hours to try out my new club call, KK3TN, or phonetically: K Squared
3 TN. I had sent an email to Stu K6TU and the new call was in the latest SCP but
I think a lot of people were still on a previous version - I had a lot of K3TN?

It was fun having a rare prefix - as soon as I was spotted, really nice pileups
on 40 and 20. Of course, that came at the cost of a 33% increase in call sign
length... But, that is still 33% shorter than all those years as WB2EKK!

K3 to KPA500 to 135' OCF dipole at 45'