[3830] WPX CW KC3R(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 15:19:40 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KC3R
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: KC3R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: State College, PA

   20: 1117
   15: 1421

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

609x1; 65x2; 2180x3; 55x4; 650x6

Much better conditions this year and that obviously shows in the score. Didn't
set any defined targets before the contest, just thought that getting close to
the record set last year would've been nice. At half time turned out that if I
don't make a major mistake on the second day, at the end I should be ~2M above
the record. Fell short of that target, mainly because of the weather. Saturday
wasn't that bad and I thought that with 3 hours of off-time left for Sunday
afternoon I should be able to deal with the t-storm activity. Well, it didn't
work out this way exactly. Guess I needed one hour more at least, maybe even
two ... off-times are always somewhat of a gamble.

The station performed flawlessly, not a single problem. We spent Thursday and
most of Friday with WA3FET getting the station ready and it did pay off. Thanks
Jim!

Thanks to everyone who called and CU in IARU!
73, Alex LZ4AX