[3830] WPX CW AB2E SO(A)AB(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 1 16:56:35 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: NJ

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: IC756Pro III/SPE Expert 1.3K-FA
Antennas wires only:
80m Inv-L (Fri only. Neighbor destroyed with backhoe Sat morning while removing
his tree).
40m Delta Loop
20m Delta Loop
15m (40m Delta Loop tuned with amp's internal tuner)
10m (20m Delta Loop tuned with amp's internal tuner)

The 15m delta stopped working Fri afternoon so found the 40m loop worked
reasonably well with the amp's internal tuner. The G5RV being non-resonant
cannot be tuned by the amp's tuner but found the 20m loop loaded up well with
the amp's tuner and performed well on 10m.

Thanks to all who called us. Once again I did not make it to V26E but made the
best at home although a busy weekend with non-contest activities. Best
operating time was about the first 6 hours of the contest on 40m.
Needed the XW8 for an ATNO but never could hear him when called out.

This was the first contest with the new SPE Expert 1.3K-FA. What a joy to
operate in all ways! Totally flawless and seamless, so many incredible
features. On several bands it actually does legal limit out. I purchased it to
use on dxpeditions but it will now be my all-purpose amp used at the home qth
as well.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in the IARU contest in July.

73 Darrell AB2E