[3830] WPX CW HL1VAU/4(@DS0RF) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 3 03:42:41 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: HL1VAU/4
Operator(s): HL1VAU
Station: DS0RF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cheju Is.(AS-026)

Club: Korea Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Ryu/DS4NYE and Kang/HL4HGE for allowing their exotic location during
the weekend.
The site is under reform and most contest gears not arrived but fairly enough
to enjoy the contest.

TRX - IC706MK2G / IC-718 (not used only for backup)
ANT - K4KIO BBHEX5+ hexagonal beam on 20/15/10m @ 12mH
      Wire dipoles for 40/80m @ 10mH

Cycle 24 is going lower slope and all kind of index for solar activity said me
it would be not satisfactable for contest.
SFI was under 100(around 90 during this weekend). It was pretty lower than my
expectation when I finished WPX phone in March.

10m - Almost dead. Some weak signal over Es scatter only available.
15m - Fair but worse than last year.
20m - Yes it' money band no doubt but my little hex was not enough to stab over
aurora..
40m - Really tough in first night due to strong OTH radar signal - coudn't have
last a few months - covered whole CW band.
80m - Good for run

Unknown local noise was loud over whole weekend and I could not solve the
problem. Ryu and I have been tried everything to eliminate the issue but
noise boiled over S 3 or more and out of control. Due to the QRM, I had to ask
serial number dozen of times and must prick my ears to read
correct dashes or dots.. :-(
I applicitate to everyone who repeat their contest serial number many times
gladly.

My goal was over 2,500 Q and breaking old SOABHP record in HL. As a result, I
failed to beat my goal for Q's but many mults made a magic.

Nice weekend with simple low grade transceivers and tri bander-wire setup.
CU next contest..

72 and 73
Rocky HL1VAU