[3830] WPX CW HB90IARU(HB9CAT) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 4 09:16:58 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: HB90IARU
Operator(s): HB9CAT
Station: HB9CA

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: JN47BM

   15: 1025

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Having completed station automation at our Club shack (HB9CA) it was finally
time to test the station in full blown SO2R mode,
just like I wanted to test myself as a single operator on a 36 hours effort.
The special call made running indeed attractive, but S&P a real pain: in
the average I had to give my call 3 times,
in the worst cases the counterparts didn't get it even after 6-7 calls; not
really ideal for quick and dynamic SO2R operations.
I lost the 2nd K3 about half way through the contest, I kept going "the
old way", adding some testing of DxLog's SO2V features for in-band
multipliers

Propagationwise, K6TU's predictions revealed to be quite accurate and surely
very useful to establish an efficent gameplan,
including some nice dual-direction runs toward W's and JA's concurrently. 15m
reserved a very nice late opening a couple of hours before the end.

I'm very happy with my final result, inline with similar stations run by very
experienced SO2R operators; I also more than doubled the country record :-)

Marco HB9CAT