[3830] AlQP N1CC SOMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jun 6 23:53:01 EDT 2015

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: TEXAS

  160:    0      0
   80:    7      0
   40:   28     18
   20:   28     38
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   63     56  CW Mults = 26  Ph Mults = 30  Total Score = 15,288

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Elecraft K3/100 100W to Force 12 C3 @64' and 80/40 Fan Dipoles at
50',one broadside NS the other EW.  Pro-1B Loop needed on 80 to reduce noise to
copy the few strong enough to get through lots of atmospheric QRN.

20 Meters was barely workable most of the day, and signal levels were poor.
40M was open after 2000 UTC and finally 80M after 0200 UTC.  Nothing heard on
15 or 10 closer to me than KP4-land.  Propagation for short skip very poor
indeed all bands.

Found N4ZZ only ten times and no other mobiles more than twice. WA1FCN, WQ5L,
and WX$RUS worked on 40 and 20 both modes ... no others.

Even with lousy conditions and the appearance of lower activity I did get 3X my
2014 score, more than double the contacts, and 40% more multipliers.  Less
jamming this year - some on phone only - all jamming signals from the SE USA
and stronger than AL signals, suspect VA, NV, SC, and FL as the source.

As is becoming the norm, had 38 stations NOT in AL call me and try to get me to
give them a report. Since I was always calling directional and after a run is
going saying "Alabama Only", I can only presume that they can't
properly fill out a ballot when -if - they vote.  Incompetence as an operator
is only an indicator. (I Don't log or QSL these folks who can't follow
instructions.)