[3830] ARRL June VHF K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 23:01:14 EDT 2015

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

    6:  261   103
  903:    4     4
  1.2:    7     6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  375   178  Total Score = 80,634

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions were less than ideal. My goal for this contest was to work some new
FFMA grids...especially DM02 and FN67. Missed that as propagation was not
favorable at all. I did work one new grid DM38 thanks to NR7T who had a great
signal here for several hours. I saw two other grids spotted that I need but
did not hear them at all...for a total of four missed grids for FFMA. Not many
times do we get this many people on with the hope of working a new grid...so
have to wait for the next time. 23 to go...

Station worked very well and had a chance to test drive the new InnovAntennas
for 6m. Very pleased with the antennas. I did have a few noises that bothered
me...storms would approach and the electrical discharge noise was LOUD. Also,
had some power line noise appear that was annoying...rain made that go away but
stills needs to be found and fixed.

The slow pace of the contest allowed for some nice chats with rovers and
regional stations. This was good.

73, Craig K9CT