[3830] ARRL June VHF N4OGW Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 14 23:46:47 EDT 2015

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  68     37
    2:  14     11
  222:   6      6
  432:  10     10
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  98     64  Total Score = 7,296

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I was qrp/portable again from Little Mountain, MS, elevation 600 ft. Saturday I
was only able to operate about 3 hours. Sunday I operated most of the day, but
had to pack up before the contest was over- can't stay overnight at this site.

I used my K3 and external transverters for 222/432, 10W on each band. I had
never made a qso with the 222 and 432 equipment before this weekend. Everything
worked, although I discovered the 222 transverter was 13 KHz off frequency.
Antennas:

6 : 5 element yagi
2 : 9 element yagi
222: 8 element yagi
432: 18 element yagi

The contest was pretty slow until the very last few hours on 6m (right when I
had to start packing up!). Then double-hop showed up to the west on 6m,
followed by a strong opening to W1. Too bad I couldn't stay around until the
end of the contest.

Tor
N4OGW