[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 17 22:19:03 EDT 2015

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K2QO/R
Operator(s): K2QO W2TAU
Station: K2QO/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: WNY

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  269    99  Total Score = 32,967

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Another June contest is in the books and I have to say that it was a tough slog.
Saturday sported no propagation to speak of and Sunday was not much better.
Activity has been in a slow decline for a decade here in WNY and this run did
not disprove that trend.

But there were some real bright spots. More rovers! Yes, more rovers in the
log. From memory, the guys we worked multiple times included N2SPI/R, AB2YI/R,
K2TER/R, VE3OIL/R, KF2MR/R, VE3CRU/R and W2RME/R. This bodes well for future
contests as all of these crews had good capabilities. KF2MR/R is on the board
of RVHFG where he is trying to recruit and re-energize the troops. K2TER/R is
back on the road after a too long hiatus in building a Starfleet level
cruiser/rover.

Another positive note was the level of FM activity. W2EV is a rock on FM. He is
breaking ground with some theoretical polarization studies that are leading to
increased scores. This could be the thing that jazzes new guys and increases
overall activity.

The bottom line? Another great overnight at the Cold Brook Contest Club HQ, 609
miles in 8 grids and no propagation. But all together is was enough to get
working on improvements for September.

73,
Mark K2QO/R